The Courtyard Building
Lemont, IL 60439
News....from Parker Dental
• The Academy of General Dentistry bestowed upon Dr. Richard Parker a Masterhip Award at a ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee on June 29, 2013. The Mastership Award is the highest AGD honor available and is one of the most respected designations within the entire dental profession. Earning a Master designation is based upon extensive educational requirements in all phases of dentistry.
• On November 27, 2012, Dr. Parker presented a seminar entitled "Restorative Esthetics: Facial, Gingival, and Teeth Considerations" to the Dental Arts Club of Chicago. His talked was about how dentist can assess, diagnose, plan, and properly treat simple or complicated restorative & esthetic dental conditions. Here he is pictured with the organization's president receiving a plaque of appreciation for his presentation.
• Dr. Richard Parker received his Mastership Award in Implant Prosthodontics on August 19th from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists in a ceremony held in downtown Chicago at the organizations Summer Symposium. The award is given to dentists who demonstrate clinical competency, have met extensive educational requirements, and have authored or given presentations on dental implants. The ICOI was founded in 1972 and is the world's largest dental implant organization with over 25,000 members.
• Dr. Parker was an invited attendee at the inaugural Illinois Sleep Society Conference on May 21, 2011. The meeting brought together physicians, dentists, technologists, and other personnel from around the state who are involved in sleep medicine.
• Dr. Parker attended the 27th annual American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Scientific Session in Boston, Massachusetts. The meeting was held May 18th through the 21st and attracted dentists, technicians, and dental team members from across the globe. Dr. Parker participated in three days of hands-on training in the latest dental techniques from world renowned educators. He has been a member of the AACD since 1988.
• Top Doc Chicago selected Dr. Parker as one of the TOP DOCTORS & DENTISTS for 2011 and awarded him the "The Best in Chicago Medicine" certificate.
• Dr. Parker attended a two-day conference on dental sleep medicine. He learned the latest information on treating snoring and sleep apnea with oral appliances. The devices look like specialized mouthguards that are worn at night to help these breathing problems.
• In the July 2009 edition of Elite Magazine, Dr. Parker was interviewed for an article on cosmetic dentistry. (See the right sidebar for article.)
• A laser is the latest high-tech addition to the office. It can be used in implant dentistry, esthetic gum reshaping, periodontal disease,and a variety of other treatments.
• Dr. Parker had an educational article published in the 2008 edition of the prestigious Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry on how to beautifully match a restored tooth. (See the right sidebar for the complete article.)
• At the International Congress of Oral Implantologists' symposium in Las Vegas, Dr. Parker presented a seminar and received a Fellowship award from the organization.
• Digital radiographic (x-ray) equipment has been installed at the office. This technology allows rapid images while greatly reducing radiation levels to the patient.
• In the August 2007 edition of Contemporary Esthetics, Dr. Parker had an article published on how to esthetically replace a missing front tooth.
• At the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry's Annual Scientific Session in San Diego, Dr. Parker passed the written Accreditation Examination and received an award for having the highest score out of the several hundred dentists who took the test. The examination tests one's knowledge of cosmetic dentistry techniques, restorative materials, laboratory procedures, biological principles, and smile design.
• In May of 2007, Dr. Parker completed an in-depth dental implant program at the Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas. This educational continuum covered both the surgical and restorative aspects of implant dentistry.
• The Consumers' Research Council of America has chosen Dr. Richard Parker as one of America's Top Dentists in their 2007 edition.
• The newest equipment at the office is the Easyshade spectrophotometer. This device will help match colors of teeth when doing crowns, veneers, and bridges. It "reads" the chroma, hue, and value of the tooth that is to be matched.
• Dr. Parker recently finished a post-graduate program in Esthetic Dentistry at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Over six months, he completed one-hundred hours of coursework in the latest cosmetic and restorative treatments available today.
• The March 2007 edition of the renowned dental journal, Dentistry Today, featured Dr. Parker as one of the dentists on the cover as he authored a peer-reviewed continung education article on a new dental restorative material.
• The entire Parker Dental team has earned a certification in Invisalign braceless orthodontic treatment.
• Three new Progeny DC x-ray machines were purchased for the office. These units produce less radiation and clearer diagnostic images.
• Dr. Parker has earned a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry by registering over five-hundred hours of continuing education credits and passing the written fellowship examination. He received his award in Denver, Colorado in the AGD's convocation ceremony. Dr. Parker joined the ranks of only 5% of dentists in the country to attain this honor.
• The dentist and staff now routinely use the Diagnodent device to detect cavities. This equipment is a laser that is able to determine if decay is present in a tooth's pits and fissures. It helps in catching cavities early and treating them before they do more damage.
• The office has a Digital Doc intra-oral camera that is used to inspect one's mouth. It greatly helps with diagnosis and allows the patient to "see what the dentist sees" and thus better understand treatment options.
• Dr. Parker attended the Academy for Sports Dentistry symposium in California. The three day conference focused on the prevention and treatment of traumatic oral-facial injuries.